Start: as soon as possible
Point Blank Games is an independent game development studio based in Berlin. We develop third-person action games for PC and consoles, and we’re currently hiring multiple positions for our project, "Stray Blade".
Company Culture - being part of the PBG family.
Investing in good company culture pays off in the long run. We hire people who embrace constant change, personal growth and are always ready to support each other. Everybody in the team has strong ownership over their responsibilities and works with a high degree of freedom and creativity. The happiness of our team members is our highest priority. Statistics have proven that crunch not only ruins the health of employees but also destroys projects. On the other hand, a positive, well organized and supportive work environment ensures happy teams, which leads to better games. With that in mind, we go out of our way to ensure that our work days are filled with fun, laughter and a strong sense of personal accomplishment for everyone.
- Designing and creating stylized particle systems for all aspects of a game
- Concepting and Implementing visual improvements to the game's presentation
- Debugging and Profiling possible performance bottlenecks relating to FX
- Collaborate with other team members to solve cross-discipline challenges
Your skill set:
- Experience creating stylized 3D particles for video games
- Experience working with the Niagara Particle Engine
- Understanding of the Unreal Engine Blueprint Graph system
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 Material Graphs and creating custom materials
- Solid skills with a 3D modelling software, e.g. Blender
- Experience creating textures and masks with a 2D software, e.g. Photoshop/Clip Studio
Your bonus level:
- Skills in Substance Designer/Painter
- Experience with gameplay scripting
- implementing your VFX into the game
- Experience with the Unreal Skeleton, Animation and Montage system
- Experience writing Shader/GPU code with HLSL, GLSL or unity Shaderlab / Solid understanding of graphics pipelines
- Understanding of game performance impacts in relation to VFX and how to optimize your work for consoles and lower-end systems
Your PBG buffs:
- Flexible working hours and home office – we believe in a good work-life balance.
- Food and drinks – fresh fruits and nuts to keep you healthy, and fresh coffee, soft drinks and beer to keep you happy.
- After-hours gaming, drinks, parties and BBQs.
Please send your application documents together with strong working samples and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to hearing from you!