Start: as soon as possible
Point Blank Games is an independent game development studio based in Berlin. We develop third-person action games for PC and consoles, and we’re currently hiring multiple positions for our project, "Stray Blade".
Company Culture - being part of the PBG family.
Investing in good company culture pays off in the long run. We hire people who embrace constant change, personal growth and are always ready to support each other. Everybody in the team has strong ownership over their responsibilities and works with a high degree of freedom and creativity. The happiness of our team members is our highest priority. Statistics have proven that crunch not only ruins the health of employees but also destroys projects. On the other hand, a positive, well organized and supportive work environment ensures happy teams, which leads to better games. With that in mind, we go out of our way to ensure that our work days are filled with fun, laughter and a strong sense of personal accomplishment for everyone.
- Implementing new gameplay features
- Maintaining and expanding upon an ever-growing code base
- Investigating and resolving bugs and issues across multiple projects
- Designing new and reviewing old systems
- Flexibility implementing new interfaces and tools for the design, art and audio teams
Your skill set:
- Bachelor Degree or higher in a development-related field
- Strong foundation in OOP
- Working Experience and or good understanding of game-related software systems and common design patterns
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 using C++ and Blueprints
- Experience working with versioning systems like subversion and git
- Understand and be able to communicate in spoken and written English
- Willing to learn and develop your skills together with a growing team
Your bonus level:
- Foundational Knowledge of Network architecture and implementation in games
- Experience creating and optimizing/porting games for consoles
- Experience writing Shader/GPU code with HLSL, GLSL or unity Shaderlab / Solid understanding of graphics pipelines
- Strong game performance profiling skills
Your PBG buffs:
- Flexible working hours and home office – we believe in a good work-life balance.
- Food and drinks – fresh fruits and nuts to keep you healthy, and fresh coffee, soft drinks and beer to keep you happy.
- After-hours gaming, drinks, parties and BBQs.
Please send your application documents together with strong working samples and salary expectations to: email@example.com
Looking forward to hearing from you!