Environment Artist (f/m/d)
Current project: Trailer - Website
Start: as soon as possible
Point Blank Games is an independent game development studio based in Berlin. We develop third-person action games for PC and consoles, and we’re currently hiring multiple positions for our project, "Stray Blade".
Company Culture - being part of the PBG family.
Investing in good company culture pays off in the long run. We hire people who embrace constant change, personal growth and are always ready to support each other. Everybody in the team has strong ownership over their responsibilities and works with a high degree of freedom and creativity. The happiness of our team members is our highest priority. Statistics have proven that crunch not only ruins the health of employees but also destroys projects. On the other hand, a positive, well organized and supportive work environment ensures happy teams, which leads to better games. With that in mind, we go out of our way to ensure that our work days are filled with fun, laughter and a strong sense of personal accomplishment for everyone.
- Use provided asset kits to create beautiful game environments following a given Level Design Blockout in Unreal
Your skill set:
- Advanced skills in Unreal Engine 4 level building workflows
- Basic knowledge of the Unreal Engine 4 Material editor
- Basic understanding of gameplay oriented level design
- Great understanding of environmental composition
- Strong will to learn
- Goal-oriented way of working
- Able to adapt to new workflows
- Able to integrate into an existing team
- At least one convincing environment design portfolio piece
- Able to communicate in English
Your bonus level:
- Professional skills in Unreal Engine 4 level building workflows
- Advanced knowledge of the Unreal Engine 4 Material Editor
- Advanced understanding of gameplay oriented level design
- Basic/advanced understanding of game design
- Ability to create simple blockout/placeholder assets in Blender 3D
Your PBG buffs:
- Flexible working hours and home office – we believe in a good work-life balance.
- Food and drinks – fresh fruits and nuts to keep you healthy, and fresh coffee, soft drinks and beer to keep you happy.
- After-hours gaming, drinks, parties and BBQs.
Please send your application documents together with strong working samples and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to hearing from you!